Winesicles are the newest treat to beat the heat of summertime. These are a great addition to any summertime get together. You can wow your friends with these refreshing treats while your kids are in the pool! And who knew it could be so easy to do yourself! Follow a recipe below to make a popsicle with your favorite wine!
White Sangria Winesicles
- 1 bottle of your favorite White Wine (Pinot Grigio is a great option)
- ½ cup orange liqueur
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups chopped fruit (recommended: strawberries, green apples, peaches and blackberries)
Combine wine and orange liqueur. Juice 1 lemon into mixture. Slice other lemon thinly and halve the slices. Add in remaining fruit. Pour mixture into several ice pop pouches and freeze until solid. Makes 24 pops.
Get these ice pop pouches here on Amazon!
Rosé Slushie Winesicles
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp citric acid
- ¼ tsp matcha (green tea) powder
- 1 bottle of your favorite bottle of Rosé wine
- 3 cups water
Blend sugar, citric acid, and matcha powder into a food processor for 1–2 minutes. Pour mix into large bowl. Add wine and water. Stir well. Pour mixture into several ice pop pouches. Freeze for 3 until solid.
Get your corkcicle here on Amazon!
Red Sangria Winesicles
- 1 cup chopped fruit (oranges, apples, grapes and blackberries work well)
- ¾ cup your favorite red wine (Tempranillo, Malbec, and Garnacha are good bets)
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Fill a small bowl with chopped fruit. Pour wine over fruit and let soak for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan on the stove top over medium heat. Add orange juice, lemon juice and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Pour fruit-wine mixture over a strainer into a large spouted measuring cup and reserve the fruit. Pour the orange-lemon simple syrup over the strainer into the measuring cup, as well. Divide reserved fruit among ice pop pouches. Pour mixture into several ice pop pouches. Freeze popsicles for at least 8 hours before serving.